HOW TO CREATE A HAPPY AND PRODUCTIVE PROJECT TEAM
Following January’s newsletter about revising your candidate experience to attract top talent, let’s take a look at improving workplace happiness to keep your top employees happy and engaged.
According to an article on techbeacon.com “Happy dev teams write better code, faster. That’s a fact.” So, what can you do to ensure your project team is happy….and stays productive? Here are a few articles offering great advice on small adjustments that can be done quickly and inexpensively:
- Culture: Companies that land on “best places to work” lists have the best cultures, helping them win during the talent war.
- Vision: Get buy-in from key employees and keep them aligned and committed to the purpose and vision of the project to work towards shared project goals.
- Communication: Managers and team leads should ensure their teams have a clear understanding of the scope and deliverables of their projects.
- Professional development: Help employees develop a career path within your organization, developing new skills or enhancing existing ones.
- Recognition (or verbal praise): Recognizing people for their good work sends an extremely powerful message to the recipient, their work team and other employees
Lessons from agile: Happier teams are more productive, so spread the cheer
There’s a great deal of research that supports the hunch that happier teams and individuals are more productive.
4 Keys to Developing Insanely Happy and Productive Employees
The secret to keeping your employees productive isn’t a gimmicky award or yet another training session — it’s making them happy.
How to keep your project in a state of happiness
When organizations initiate a project, the level of enthusiasm is at an all-time high, as it should be. All noses point in the right direction and people are ready to make things happen.
9 Practical Tips for Motivating Oil and Gas Teams
What is the key to any successful project? Reports are great and useful tools, but the most important factor to a successful project is PEOPLE.
How to Fall in Love With Your Job
Finding fulfilling work may involve starting your own venture, but it can also mean sharing your gifts by working for another organization, whether it’s a large company, or a tiny start-up.